Women in Leadership Roles – How to Step Into Your Full Potential
Has there been an opportunity in your life where you knew you should step up and take the lead? But you find yourself thinking, “I can’t! I could never be a good leader.” Evidence shows that more and more women, especially millennial women, are successfully stepping into leadership roles…
- In the U.S., women are becoming entrepreneurs at a rate of 2:1 in comparison to their male counterparts.
- Since 1997, the number of women-owned small businesses increased by 68%. This means that 29% of small business owners are women.
- Women-owned small businesses employed almost 8 million workers. That’s one in seven jobs in the private business sector.
- Their businesses generated almost $1.5 trillion dollars in combined revenue.
What’s behind this tremendous growth? More and more women enjoy a can-do mindset because of the confidence instilled in them by their parents. They’re not afraid to enlist help when they need it, from personal trainers to life coaches.
As far as careers go, more women want challenging work that makes a difference. They’re not willing to settle for a ho-hum existence, living one life at a corporate job and another at home. They want a fully integrated life that is in harmony with their values, beliefs and ambitions.
What about you? Do you feel like you’re living up to your full potential as a woman in the 21st century?
Don’t be discouraged if you see room for improvement! In fact, that’s a very good sign because leaders are never content with the status quo; they’re committed to growth.
“Many women live like it’s a dress rehearsal. Ladies, the curtain is up and you’re on.” ~ Mikki Taylor, Essence magazine
The truth is who you are today isn’t who you were last year, nor does it have to be who you will be tomorrow. Your strengths, weaknesses, desires, and ambitions may be attributed to genetics and the surroundings you grew up in. But you can use new tools to create an empowered life.
You can choose to become whoever you want to be.
It’s a mistake to live under self-imposed limits. Embrace who you are now and actively unlock your full potential through mindful and methodical personal growth. Do so with a complete mind/body/spirit approach, as you create the greatest awareness of how your thoughts guide your body to act and respond. This strong self-awareness allows you to be present in the reality of now, which maximizes your ability to choose a better way of being.
When you embody what you learn it becomes part of who you are. Embodied leaders are authentic – they’re aware of conflicting emotions and own them, balance them, resolve them, and choose the ones that serve them in any particular situation. Isn’t that how you want to live, too?
If so, please join us at our upcoming Women In Leadership retreat. You’ll personally discover how embodied leadership will open the door for you to:
- Enjoy the flexibility to follow and the courage to lead by developing sensory acuity and responsiveness.
- Maintain your integrity while interacting with another in a strong way through physical alignment, communication skills and adherence to core values.
- Remain resourceful under pressure by understanding your reaction to stressors.
- Honestly assess your strengths and weaknesses so you know what to work on and what to delegate to others.
- Say yes or no with confidence by learning how to gracefully move towards and move away.
- Dream big by being as big as you are even when those around you are small.
Does that sound like a lot to accomplish in just one weekend? It is and it promises to be an amazing experience! Michelle Katz, Creator and Director of Oaks Counsel, shares her experience from our last retreat:
“I found myself in the Women in Leadership weekend during a time of self-doubt. Nando and Maria held space through respectful and heartfelt acceptance while also offering skills to strengthen my sense of Self. The community of women created during the weekend was most memorable and inspiring. I left the weekend feeling more capable and ready to move into my dreams.”
Click here to learn more about the advanced leadership principles we’ll be sharing with you at our upcoming Women in Leadership Retreat. We would love the opportunity to support you as you reach your full potential.