Set Yourself Up for Success by Following These Six Strategies Daily
Are you energized to face tomorrow? Are you excited to get up and tackle the day or is it starting to feel like “the grind” or maybe even like a meaningless “rat race”? Many people have learned to be satisfied with the status quo, but if you’re really interested in pursuing excellence you have to be willing to do some fine-tuning now and then, right?
You can set yourself up for success by following some really simple, yet surprisingly powerful daily strategies. These are especially effective if you’re a service professional juggling the demands of a private practice with your personal life.
Take a look at the following six strategies to keep your life and business on track as you strive to reach your full potential:
1. Center yourself to become focused, energized and joyful. You can set yourself up for success by getting to know yourself extremely well and identifying what you really want from life. A daily centering practice can greatly assist you in doing this. How? When you first wake up, set aside 15 minutes to meditate and quiet your mind. When your mind is fresh and less cluttered with the day’s workload, you’ll be able to ground yourself more easily and stay tuned into and aware of your inner self. As a result you’ll make better decisions and choose more focused and productive activities throughout the day.
2. Be willing to make tough decisions rather than trying to do everything. Saying “no” to one thing means you have the opportunity to say “yes” to something that is more in alignment with your life goals. Don’t let guilt rob you of your joy, but know that you’re making the best choices you can in the current moment for you, your clients and your family.<
Hold to your values and don’t settle. This is where you’ll perform at your highest potential. If you tend to make excuses as to why you can’t get what you want, recognize it for what it is…fear…and mindfully change your focus and view it as an opportunity to grow.
3. Take care of physical health to dramatically increase your creativity and productivity. Go outside into the sunshine as early in the day as possible to keep your circadian rhythm in balance. Enjoy the beauty of nature, which lowers your cortisol and adrenaline levels, giving you a calm, clear mind. Even as the weather changes, bundle up and continue your outside activities. Heart-pumping exercise makes your brain work better. Be sure to drink plenty of clean water, eat healthful foods that replenish your energy supplies. And remember, don’t take yourself too seriously – laughter really is the best medicine!
4. Stick to your game plan. If you don’t know where you’re going, how can you make the best plans to get there? When you create and review your strategic business plan regularly, it gives you clarity and keeps your business moving forward. This really sets you up for success, because you get rid of your sense of overwhelm and wasting time.
5. Create a working environment that supports your success. Having the right tools, processes and systems allows you to achieve each goal quickly and with less effort. This even includes how often you check your email. You’ll be more productive if you set limits and block out time for specific business activities such as phone consultations, doing the bookkeeping or running errands. It’s impossible to give your best to a project or person when your attention is divided.
Prioritize your daily tasks for the future you desire. Do the hardest work when you’re at your peak. For some it’s early morning, while others do their best work in the afternoon.
6. Surround yourself with those who make you stretch. Isolating yourself is the worst thing you can do. People who uplift, inspire, and inform you will help you perform at a level higher than you ever expected. Make these people part of your daily life and make the effort to meet and connect with one new person each week. This can be either a personal or business connection. If you make this a goal, you’ll look for opportunities to make it happen, and you’ll find it truly enriches your life.
If you want more support and direction in building your dream business, join us for our Creating Your Dream Practice course! Our graduates have created templates for successful businesses while connecting with a supportive network of peers; this class will help you achieve your life and business goals, too.
To get a taste of what the course is like, download the free 10-Point Checklist we’ve provided for you. If it’s a good fit for you, sign up for our class today! At the very least you’ll discover a proven foundation for creating a sustainable and enjoyable private practice. That’s a win-win for you!